I haven’t updated you in a while, I stuck with SIBO diet for a few weeks. Actually about a month and then I had a weekend where I was out and about and just gave in and ate what I could find and bam that slowly over a week or two, turned into the end of my SIBO diet.
I am having an incredibly difficult time sticking with it. I have tons of things to do and all the extra preparation for meals and getting food ready on weekends, it’s just a lot. I like quick and easy meals and the fact that I have things in my freezer ready to eat usually keeps prep time during the week to a minimum.
My issues with the SIBO diet
- I work 12pm to 8pm which means I am not home at night to cook my meals. I have to cook meals either in the morning with my breakfast and make enough for leftovers or at night after I get home.. who wants to cook meals at 9pm?
- The meals aren’t as quick and easy to make ahead of time. I’m use to foods I can cook in big batches, freeze and heat up again at work. Pork chops and salad, not so easy and frozen salad just doesn’t work..
- Not enough time.. seriously can we not just have an extra day tacked onto our weekend, every weekend?
- Limited foods I can eat, I don’t like vegetables so I force myself to eat them. Which actually has made me like more vegetables than before…
- I don’t like liver, who does really? So I force myself to eat it BUT I can’t add any flavour to them AT ALL other than salt/pepper, ginger and other less troublesome spices like chives. If I’m gonna eat liver at least let me put some onions or garlic on it!
- Bone broth – I don’t mind eating it.. soups in the summer – not optimal.. it’s summer, it’s HOT! Also the broth stinks up the house, boyfriend isn’t amused that it cooks for so long!
I feel like all that work was for nothing, I was feeling better and now… I have to start all over again. I’m giving myself some time to get through some family/cottage/bbq’s and then I’ll get back into it.
I have also been contemplating getting a test done to determine what food intolarances I have. Anyone else ever had a IgG blood test done, which tests antibodies in your blood? Did it help you out? I’m going to be doing this soon.. I’ll post more on that once I get it done.
As much as I think I do have SIBO, I hate having so little food options.. if I had a better idea of what foods did bother me it would be easier re-introducing foods back in. I’d know which ones were safer to start with. I got to the point where I probably could have started introducing foods back in but I got scared. Yes scared.. when you start feeling better, you don’t want to feel worse again..
I didn’t know where to start and I didn’t really want to mess things up. Which in essence is exactly what I did since I just gave up completely but if I’m going to do this again.. I want a better plan of approach. I got to a certain point and I was lost.
My SIBO DIET questions for you:
- How do I make things easier with meal prep/cooking, since I am not home to cook supper every night?
- Ideas, options on ways to make the food interesting. Magical safe spices I could use on meats etc? Liver options besides onion and garlic?
- Do you share in my pain, anyone else want to vent? Or am I completely alone here?