This blog is all about learning and trying new things and this week I am once again trying a new fruit. I noticed this fruit in the grocery store and thought it looked interesting. This time I didn’t look it up on the iPhone I just grabbed it and put it in my basket right away. Maybe getting more daring?
Let me introduce you to the Dragon Fruit! Also known at the Pitaya Fruit.
- Regular consumption can help naturally reduce weight considerably.
- Helps prevent colon cancer and diabetes.
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels and high blood pressure
- Dragon fruits are packed with Vitamin C which helps improve the immune system.
- Vitamin B2 acts as a multi-vitamin to recover and improve loss of appetite.
- Vitamin B1 plays an important role in the production of energy as well as metabolizing carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B3 lowers bad cholesterol level and enhances the appearance of the skin by moisturizing and smoothing it.
- Dragon fruits help excrete heavy metal toxins from the body.
- Regular consumption of the dragon fruit works great for asthma and cough.
- Carotene helps support and improve the health of the eyes.
- The fruit serves as a food substitute for rice, for the diabetics.
- They are low in calories and high in fibre. 1 fruit has about 60 calories
The Dragon fruit tastes like a Kiwi fruit but with a light sweet watery taste.
I found a dragon fruit recipe that sounds interesting..
Dragon Fruit Parfait
- Lime juice, 1 lime
- Greek yogurt, 400 g
- Thickly slicked dragon fruit, 1
- Tropical muesli, crunchy, 150 g
- Acacia honey, 45 ml
- Scoop out half the yogurt and fill into 2 serving glasses.
- Take a handful of muesli cereal and crumble it over the yogurt.
- Top the yogurt with slices of dragon fruit. Pour a little honey and sprinkle lime juice on top of it.
- Mix them mildly from the surface along with the yogurt.
- Arrange the glasses and serve.
You can find this recipe and other Dragon Fruit Recipes at this link.
To learn more about last weeks new experience click here