There’s so much information about dieting and eating healthy, it’s hard to know where to start. Much of the information is contradictory and if you’re starting from ground zero, it can be overwhelming.
Here are a few simple, guidelines that will boost your metabolism & help work your way to a healthier, leaner you:
- Drink 6-8 c of water every day
- Have breakfast
- Eat 4-6 small meals a day. Each meal should contain carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat.
- Limit your intake of refined sugars and processed foods
- Resistance train
- Choose foods high in fiber. Fresh fruits/vegetables with a lot of fiber include: Raspberries, blackberries, apple, pear, orange, spinach, broccoli.
- Read the nutrition label & look for 2.5 grams of more of fiber per serving
- Ensure you’re caloric intake is high enough, eating too little is almost as bad as eating too much. A diet should not be less than 1200 calories.
Happy Eating…. Here’s to you being happy, healthy, lean and fit!
Make sure to check out Janet’s new blog!!! Thanks Janet for the extra posts this week! Very much appreciated!!