Five Simple Habits for Fat Loss
I find these strategies result in fat lose for the majority of clients most of the time. If you incorporate the 5 simple habits into your daily routine it will naturally lead to improved caloric intake, nutrient timing and food selection.
1. Time your meals. Eat every 2-4 hours. This is the most important habit, be mindful when you eat.
2. Eat lots of fruit & veggies. Make sure you have at least 2 servings of fruit or veggies at every meal. (one serving is about .5-1 cup, 2 cups for leafy vegtables)
3. Indulge in carbs after exercise. Have you exercised today? If not, opt for fruit & veggies and pass on pasta, cereal, bread, rice etc. This practice is applicable if you have fat to lose.
4. Incorporate lean, complete protein. Does your meal contain protein? Make sure you have a serving at each meal. Sources include lean meats, fish, eggs and protein supplements. Approximately 30% of your calories should come from protein.
5. Include healthy fats. Each meal needs a serving of healthy fats from animal foods, avocado, olive oil, mixed nuts, flaxseed, flaxseed oil or fish oil.
Here’s to you being Happy, Healthy, Lean and Fit.
Check out Janet’s website at www.janetfougere.com